Saturday, January 23, 2010

Long plane trips arent that much fun

Well I am finally in Sweden!! After more than 24 hours of travelling.. My first flight was from Adelaide to Melbourne, and then from Melbourne i had my first international flight.. I made it through customs, and without them finding my drugs or my bomb so that was good! The flight from melbourne to bangkok took about 9 hours, which went reasonably quickly compared to the second flight. we were travelling with Thai Airways and the plane was really cool, we all had our own TV screen and you could track the plane and how far there was to go and how far you had travlleded.. I spent the trip watching movies, and playing super mario brothers, the food was also pretty decent too! Once we got to bangkok we had to wait a few hours there for our next flight, so we had a bit of time to wander around the airport, where i ate some pretty amazing dairy queen ice cream. we then boarded our next flight to Stockholm... which pretty much was a sucky 12 hours. we were flying with Thai airways again, but this time we got a really dodgy plane.. it didnt have our own tvs and it was much more cramped.. also because of we didnt have tvs we couldnt track the flight, so i had absolutely no idea how far we had come or how much there was to go.. i fell asleep for a little while and when i woke up, i could have sworn we were almost there.. then i asked someone and we still had another 10 hours to go!!
When we got to the Stockholm/Arlanda airport, we could see snow on the ground and that got all us exchange students pretty excited! there were about 20 exchange students from Australia going to Sweden.
My host mum, dad and sister and my counsellor all greeted me at the airport.. and then we travelled about 15 minutes back to Knivsta where my host family live, as it was dark i couldnt see much of where we were going, but i could see lots of forest and snow everywhere!!! I think it will take a bit of getting used to though that they drive on the right hand side of the road, i kept thinking we were going to crash into things. Once we got to the house, we had some breakfast, and i unpacked my things into my room. From my room if i look out my two windows i can see the trainstation and i can also see part of the main street.. and everything is white with snow! it is really pretty. My host mum, Sanne and i then took the two dogs for a walk around the town, this was really cool because we were walking in snow everywhere and there are so many forests around. it was very cold out though, but it was only -5 degrees today.
then in the afternoon Mats (host dad), Naya (sister) and I went to some shops just out of Uppsala to buy Sanne a birthday present as it was her birthday today. Then tonight we went to a Thai restaraunt in Knivsta with two of Sanne´s sisters. which was really nice, but i was still quite tired from the flight and could not understand one word of the menu!! i just ended up not looking at what i was eating and chewing and swallowing.
Tomorrow Sanne, Naya and I might be going into Uppsala to go shopping to buy me a warm jacket and a few other things.. and then on Monday my counsellor and Sanne are taking me to the gymnasium (school) i will be going to in Uppsala. They will show me around and hopefully help choose my subjects.
Anyway I´m off to bed, to get some much needed sleep that i didnt get on the plane!
xoxoxoxooxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment