Wednesday, January 27, 2010

buses.. arghhhh

Today I got a little bit confused with the whole catching buses thing.
Yesterday when I went to school, I took the bus and a girl from school showed me the stop I needed to get off at to walk to school. And then on the way home I took the bus and train home with a girl who is in my class.. so that was all well and good... today feeling a bit more confident about the whole bus and getting to and from school thing, I was feeling okay about doing it without assistance. I got onto the bus okay, and was feeling rather pleased with myself, the trip into Uppsala was fine and it was really pretty looking at the countryside all covered in white snow! I then looked around the bus and realised that there was only me and two other people left on it, and that a moment ago there were lots of people, I had missed my stop. So in a panic I quickly got off at the next stop.. I had gone two stops further than what I was meant to do.. I was feeling quite panicked, because I really had no idea where I was.. I knew which direction I was meant to go, but wasn’t sure which roads to take.. so I started walking.. then two boys who were on the same bus as me and also go to rosendal were walking towards me.. they realised when they got off the bus, that I hadn’t got off and had come looking for me, so I was very thankful that they came and found me. Then they led the way back to school, I swear we walked at least 5 kilometres!! (okay maybe I’m exaggerating a tiny bit.. but it certainly was a long walk). I finally got to school and was only a little bit late for my first lesson.
Then this afternoon when school finished I headed off to the bus stop and sat their waiting for the bus and I was waiting for a fair while, so I sent one of the boys who helped me in the morning a message and asked if I was in the right spot. He said yes, but the next bus didn’t come for another 30 mins! By this stage I was already absolutely frozen.. and it snowed alot today and was snowing all day.. so then the two boys came to the bus stop and waited with me in the freezing cold for the bus.. by the time I got on the bus I had been standing there for at least 50 minutes and I couldn’t feel my toes or fingers! But I ended up getting home okay.. so it all worked out well.. and now I know which stop to get off at.. and I also know not to get to the bus stop too early!!

No comments:

Post a Comment