Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Gröna Lund, Kate Nash and Tjejmilen

So.. I thought i should probably write something again... just because that goofy photo of me with blood pudding has been at the top of the page for too long now!
I have done a few interesting things in the last couple weeks....
This weekend just gone I went to Stockholm and went to Gröna Lund (the theme park there). There was about 15 of us exchange students there, it was a really fun day, except the weather was a bit of a let down.... it rained pretty much all day.. and it was really cold.. but we still went on all the rides and had lots of fun.
Me, Eliza (Australia) and Zoe (South Africa) at Gröna Lund

Earlier that week I went to see a concert in Stockholm with Jess, another australian exchange student. We went and seen Kate Nash... and she was amazing!! She is such a good performer, she played the piano and guitar and was just really cool! She played alot of songs from her new album, but then also sang the older ones aswell... oh and it was really cute, inbetween songs she would drink cups of tea.

Kate Nash!


And then the weekend before this I did a 10km funrun/walk in Stockholm... it was called the Tjejmilen, and it is only for females... Tjej - meaning girl... and milen - meaning swedish mile.. which is 10km..
My host mum was doing it, so she had asked if i was interested in doing it... so me and three of my friends... Eliza, Jess and Zoe did it.. we were entered as team of four.. and we decided that to make things a bit more interesting.. we would dress up as animals.. so I went as a parrot, Eliza was a zebra, Jess was a Leopard and Zoe was a lion.. it was a lot of fun! and we had so much organising our costumes and painting ourselves :)

We also got alot of attention from it... everyone was looking at us and saying things to us (all nice of course!) and we even made it onto the television news and also in one of Sweden's national newspapers...! so that was quite exciting.. we were the only ones out of the several thousand people that entered, that dressed up..

Zoe, Eliza, Me and Jess at the end of the race, with our medals!

I'm finding it hard to believe that September is almost over... time seems to be going quite quickly.. and it is so weird to think that i will be home again in a few months.. this scares me.. because i dont really remember what home is like anymore.. australia, all my friends and family... just feels like some weird kind of dream.. its such a strange feeling.. and i know that one day.. thats what sweden will feel like to me..

No comments:

Post a Comment