Friday, April 16, 2010

o o oo o o oierfe eife e fa efa eef ae e e

First of all, i apologise for my lack of creativity when coming up with a title for this post.... and
I guess i should write blogs a bit more often... because when i went to log in to my account just now... i couldnt remember my password!

Last sunday afternoon i went to Clara's house to celebrate Angelina's 17th birthday.. that was lots of fun and there was about 8 of us there.. we ate a pancake cake.... it was pancake, layer of nutella, pancake, layer of nutella, pancake, layer of nutella..... and so on and so forth.. it was very yummy! and it was a really nice time there..

Today at school i did a presentation to the rest of my class about Australia and my life in Australia.. i think it went quite well... (by quite well, i mean nobody in the class fell asleep from boredom!) it was funny though, to see their reactions to different things that i told them about.

I started knitting a scarf last week.. and i must say that i am rather impressed with my efforts so far! its quite long already and starting to really resemble a scarf! I will keep you posted on my rapid progress ;)
My host family also has a guitar here.. but it had broken strings.. but last week i restrung it and so i have been playing that alot lately.. which is lots of fun, because i had really missed playing music since i have been here..

On Monday i am meant to be flying to the very top of Sweden to a town called Kiruna.. this is for a rotary trip with other exchange students... however as you have probably heard... because of the stupid volcano in iceland, and all the stupid volcanic ash... all flights have been cancelled....
so i am not sure whether they will still be cancelled on monday or if it will be okay to fly by then.... i am really hoping that the ash all blows away! providing it does.... I will fly to Kiruna on Monday and be there till Thursday, when I will then fly home.. There are about 40 exchange students going.. and while we are there, we are having a tour of the ice hotel.. and also going on snow skooters.. i'm not too sure what else is happening..
for those of you who are interested or have nothing better to do right now....
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=kiruna
that is where Kiruna is!
So i will return home from there on Thursday afternoon sometime... then on Friday morning i am taking the bus to the second biggest city in Sweden, which is called Gothenburg...
and just cos i did it with Kiruna.. I'll do it for Gothenburg aswell..
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=gothenburg
It will take about 6 hours from Stockholm on the bus... I will be there until Sunday... I am staying at another exchange student's house who i met at Are. The reason I'm going to Gothenburg is because all of the Australian and New Zealand exchanges students were invited to an ANZAC day ceremony there on the Sunday... So that should be quite interesting.. Then Sunday night i will take the night bus back home! (which will be a nice uncomfortable and sleepless trip)
Then i guess its back to school for me!

I cant really think of anything else to right... except for my new favourite soft drink is fanta! :)
oh and the snow is pretty much completely gone!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment