Monday, February 15, 2010

I cant think of a title.

Okay so i havent written anything in a while... just over a week actually..
The past week i have just been going to school... but i have done a few other things aswell..
On tuesday after school, i went for fika with people from my class, which was really fun.. the cafe was really cool looking, with lots of arm chairs and vintage looking wallpaper and old lamps. Then on wednesday after school i stayed in Uppsala and went to the movies with two girls named Clara and Lovisa, so that was lots of fun aswell.. We went and seen Where the Wild Things Are.. which i thought was quite funny, cos you can hire that on DVD in Australia.. but it is only just coming out in cinemas here. The cinema we went to though, was tiny! The Lameroo Cinema is massive compared to this one.. it was almost just like watching tv at my brother's houses on their big tv's (okayyyyy not quite.. but it wasn't that much bigger!) Anyway i still enjoyed the film and thought it was really cute.
Then on friday we went ice skating in P.E! I was pretty nervous about this, because I'm really really bad at it.. and when i went with my host dad... i spent the whole time hanging onto him.. so i considered 'forgetting' my ice skates.. but then thought that was a bit lame and i should just toughen up... and i'm glad i went.. because i had lots of fun doing it..
Where we went ice skating was a little way away from the school, so we took the bus. To begin with i spent the whole time hanging onto people.. but i eventually started to get a teeny weeny little bit better.. and i was doing it by myself then.. i dont have very much technique or class whilst ice skating.. and i tend to do little shuffles and concentrate very much on my feet and on not falling over... which paid off i guess.. because i didnt fall over.
After we finished ice skating, it was the end of the school day.. so a few of us went back to Clara's house and drank lots of tea, and ate yummy bread and kladdcakke.. that was lots of fun aswell... Then i caught the train back to Knivsta.

I didnt do too much this weekend, which was nice.. because i am still tired all the time... but i did bake some anzac biscuits.. which made me feel a bit australian.. (although they didnt taste that good.. which made me feel like a bit of a failure of an australian) nevermind.
On Sunday afternoon, another exchange student from Australia called Jessica came and visited me. She is living in Sollentuna which is just outside of Stockholm... It was nice to talk to another exchange student again especially one from Australia. We just went to a cafe in Knivsta and talked, which was fun.

After this week of school.. we get a week off.. I'm not really entirely sure why we get the week off.. (I dont think there is really much of a reason). But my host family and I are going somewhere up North in Sweden and staying in a little cabin.. Then we are going to go cross country skiing for two days.. and downhill skiing for two days. I'm really excited and it sounds like it should be fun. I'm especially excited about going downhill skiing, as i've only ever been snowboarding before..
In March i am going on a rotary trip to a place called Åre with other exchange students. we're going for four days.. and i plan on snowboarding then.. I'm really excited about that aswell.

Its still quite cold here.. and i am beginning to long for the sun.. and warmth.. Its also a bit worrying.. because i've been saying lately.. 'oh its such a nice day today' and the temperature will be -5 outside.. generally i would say a nice day is 25 degrees. but now -5 is a nice day.
Next Monday i will have been here for exactly one month.. which i think is pretty crazy.. It feels like soo long ago since i was back in australia and packing and weighing my bags.

Anywho, i cant think of anything more to write..
so bye!
p.s. I never know how to end my blogs!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We're having our week off because they want us to JUMP IN THE SNOW! =D Actually, it's like that. It's called 'sportlov', I believe that translates to...'Sports Holiday', because we're supposed to go skiing and such ;) Isn't it wonderful? ^__^

    //Lena

    ReplyDelete